Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lillberg Sofa and Loveseat ...&... Kenmore Portable Washer and Dryer

So I came across an Ad on Craigslist for an Ikea sofa and loveseat that "looked like futon furniture" and came to find out it was the Lillberg line from Ikea they made a few years ago. I go to look at the set and walk in to find a set that was in perfect condition! It didn't even show signs of daily wear and was in the couples second seating area that they hardly used. It was listed as $150 but I was able to get them both for $125, because they were in the process of moving. I wasn't crazy about the wood veneer adjustable base, and was afraid I was buying something for a dorm room instead of the chic apartment I was aiming for. However, after a little research, I was thrilled about the fabric cushion options that were out there for the lillberg edition. All of the cushion covers are interchangeable between the 1-1 Chair, the 2-2 Loveseat, and the 3-3 Sofa. I have already found a 6-piece set for the sofa in cream that I am planning to order. That really is one of the plus side about this set, is the machine washable cushion covers! I think it will be a good starter at least for now and will go with the contemporary look i'm going for. Here are some pictures of what people have done with them in their designs and there is some straight from the IKEA showroom.

(My current set is Black, by the way!)










I would really love to get the Andrea Rug from IKEA as well...if I do order the cream color covers!

-------------

Yesterday, Marshall and I went to Charlotte to look at a Compact/Portable Kenmore Washer and Dryer. FYI: My apartment does not have W/D hookups so I have been looking at portable models to purchase. I pretty much hit the jackpot on this deal, the guy selling them had been storing them in his garage, after his niece, who had a baby and moved into a place that already had a washer and dryer. Needless to say, I got them both for $275!!!!!!!! (Thank you Craigslist!) He said they were only used a handful of times, and they look brand new, with the exception of a worn down start button on the washing machine. The dryer hooks into a 120v outlet and it takes a little longer to dry than a regular dryer but it will do the job! I am buying a sink faucet adapter for the washer, which allows it to be hooked up to the sink. They are also on casters so it can be wheeled from the closet into the kitchen to hook up, which is very functional. I am thinking about getting a stack rack from Sam's Club that is made just for the portable models and putting it in the corner of the office (the second bedroom) and just wheeling the washer off the bottom space when I need to use it, but I haven't decided if I want to do that or just stow them away in the closet and wheel them out. All in favor?!?! I also got a portable, tabletop dishwasher a few months ago, that I will be hooking up to the sink as well.


Below are pictures of my Washer and Dryer, and some have clothes stuffed in them to show what they can hold! Which is suprisingly a lot! However with the portables its never good to overstuff them, even though the washer can handle it, it will probably mean an hour and a half in the dryer! I put 7 EMS dress shirts (quite bulky) and a sweat shirt in them both. (It was all i could find in the Garage :P)











That's all for now....more to come!
Another day, another deal...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog